- Design, development and engineering of secure REST and SOAP web services using Java Spring and Java Security
- Ensure high quality code by creating and maintaining a high percentage of unit and integration test cases as indicated by SonarQube (and other technology) reports.
- Support frequent iterations of code deployments using mature Agile DevSecOps processes and an established CI/CD pipeline on an AWS environment.
- Implement and maintain Docker configuration files to deploy microservices as shippable containers.
- Query, cleanse and migrate data between legacy and modernized data sources using open source technologies such as Pentaho.
- Analyze, query and manage data in PostgreSQL databases
- Ensure application accessibility and 508 compliance using tools such as WAVE, AMP and JAWS.
- Creating and updating required documentation; such as the System Design Document (SDD) and Interface Control Document (ICD)
- Mitigate static code analysis findings using SonarQube for identification and verification.
- Mitigate security concerns using Twistlock for identification and verification
- Utilize JProfiler to identify opportunities for application performance monitoring.
- Write and execute load test scripts using JMeter
- Mentor less senior resources in the adoption and utilization of technologies and tools.
- Troubleshoot system issues related to software applications; Tier II Support
- Contributing to Agile ceremonies/meetings; providing demonstrations of code and contributing to the Agile team wherever required.
Skills & Requirements
- A minimum of 7+ years of development experience.
- Strong working knowledge of both front end and back end technology stacks
- Strong working experience with CI/CD pipelines; including technologies such as Docker, Jenkins, Github, Artifactory, and others
- Working knowledge of open source ETL tools and databases such as Pentaho and PostgreSQL
- Working knowledge of best practices around branching strategies, versioning techniques and other DevOps practices.
- Working knowledge of AWS and cloud services a plus.
- Working knowledge of management/tracking utilities such as JIRA/Confluence
- Experience working in a SAFe Agile environment is a plus
Bachelor’s degree required.
Must be authorized to work in the US
Must be able to work on site in Alexandria, VA
Must be able to obtain public trust security clearance.
How to apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and a resume and mention Senior Full Stack Developer in the subject line.